Traveling to the Benin Republic From Nigeria – All You Have to Know
In case you are planning to go to the Republic of Benin from Nigeria, this submission is for you. It is going to cowl all the pieces it’s essential to learn about crossing one of many busiest borders in West Africa. It is going to additionally cowl the fee, the place to remain, locations to go to, and so on. The Benin republic/Nigeria border is in a city known as Seme. The Nigeria-Benin border is popularly known as the Seme Border.
Concerning the Republic of Benin
The Republic of Benin is among the many international locations that share a border with Nigeria. Different international locations that share a border with Nigeria embrace Chad, Cameroun, and the Niger Republic. The Benin Republic shares a border with Nigeria at Seme in Lagos State and around Idi Iroko in Ogun. Seme is a couple of minutes drive from Badagry. The nation was previously often called Dahomey. It was, nonetheless, renamed Benin in 1975.
The Capital of the Benin Republic in Port Novo. Nonetheless, the preferred metropolis in the Benin Republic is Cotonou. Additionally, it is the financial capital of the Benin Republic. The nation was colonized by France. It received its independence on August 1, 1960. The official language of the Republic of Benin is French.
The Republic of Benin is residence to pristine seashores, sturdy tradition, wildlife, and exquisite vacationer sights.
Necessities For visiting the Benin Republic from Nigeria
For Nigerians planning on visiting the Benin Republic, the next are the necessities:
- Nigerian Passport: Nigerians visiting the Benin Republic must current their Worldwide Passport at the border. The Nigerian Worldwide Passports is a doc issued by the Nigerian Immigration Service.
- The Yellow Fever Card: The second requirement is the yellow Fever card. This yellow card is proof that you’ve got acquired a dose of the yellow fever vaccine. The cardboard can also be for preserving information on vaccines required to go to different international locations. You’ll be able to solely journey after ten days of getting the dose.
Additionally Learn: How to Get A Yellow Fever Card
Vaccines To Take Earlier than the Visiting Benin Republic
Make sure you take these two vaccines earlier than you go to Benin republic. If you don’t, you should have points with the Port’s well-being on the border. Once you go for the yellow fever vaccine, make sure you ask them for Meningitis too. They’ll in all probability repair one other date for that. These are the 2 fundamental vaccines it’s essential to take earlier than visiting the Benin Republic.
- Yellow fever vaccine: This vaccine is to guard you in opposition to yellow fever
- Meningitis Vaccines:
French is the official language. The opposite languages embrace Yoruba, Fon, and Gbe languages. These are the indigenous languages of the Republic of Benin. They’re all thought-about nationwide languages.
The official forex of the Republic of Benin is Cefa, it’s also often called the West African CFA Franc. It comes within the following denomination.
Cash 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 200
Notes: 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10,000, 20000
How one can Get To the Republic of Benin By means of Seme Border
In case you are searching for a stress-free entry. You may get a direct bus to the Republic of Benin from Lagos. These are some main transport firms that go to Benin Republic Efex, ABC transport, Chisco Group Transport, and so on. They’ll deal with the border protocols, the stamping, and so on. They provide air-conditioned buses.
Nonetheless, if you’re in a low price range or an adventurer like me, you’ll be able to resolve to do the stamping by yourself.
From Ikeja board a bus to Egbeda – 200 to 300 Naira
At Egbeda board one other bus to Iyana Iba – 300 Naira
From Iyana Iba board a bus or automobile to Badagry – 500 to 700 Naira
When you get to Badagry, get a bus going to Seme. Inform the driving force you’ll cease on the border. Please observe they might scare you that stamping is tough, don’t thoughts them. Simply ignore and inform them to cease you on the border.
On the border, simply stroll straight into the advanced. Ask for the place to stamp, and do it yourself.
When you stamp your passport, you’ll undergo one other set of routine checks by Port Wellbeing who will ask about your yellow fever card.
Then one other routine verifies by the NDLEA and customs.
Relying on the place you might be coming from, if you’re coming from the mainland around Ikeja and environs, you’ll be able to undergo Egbada, Iyana Iba axis. In case you are coming from Oshodi, you might have to undergo Mile
Crossing the Seme Border
On the park, the driving force might attempt to cost you to cross the border, simply inform them to cease you on the border you’ll deal with the border protocols yourself.
As soon as you might be approaching the border’s small gate, flash your Passport, this can grant you entry into the premises, and generally, it’s possible you’ll get questioned by the Immigration officers on obligation. You’ll be able to transfer to the purpose of the place you’ll be able to stamp your passport.
To stamp your passport, you’ll be requested to pay some cash. Properly this shouldn’t be the case however it’s what it’s.
For virgin passports, you’ll pay 1,000 or extra relying on your negotiation energy and for already stamped passports, you’ll pay 500 Naira.
As soon as your passports have been stamped,
You’ll undergo the Port well being who will ask on your yellow fever card, then the customs who may even attempt to verify your baggage, then the NDLEA who may even verify for medicine and different forbidden substances,
As soon as you might be clear, you’ll transfer to the Benin aspect the place you’ll undergo one other verification.
Ideas Once you get to Benin
- Perceive the Nation: The very first thing you need to do is to grasp the nation, their forex, trade charges, and so on. You must also know some fundamental legal guidelines of the nation. Additionally, you need to familiarise yourself with a number of the beliefs and traditions.
- Change your cash from naira to Cefa: The very first thing you need to do is to vary from Naira to Cefa. Please don’t depend on your ATM card. It could not work there as a result of CBN restrictions.
- Hold Your Transport Fare: As a rule, guarantee you could have the transport that may take you from the border to your home saved individually. That is to keep away from spending your transport fare once you journey.
Please maintain your transport fare separate from your different cash.
- Get a SIM card: Nigerian networks don’t work over there until you roam them. Nonetheless, the community firm will excessively once you make and obtain calls. Subsequently, it’s possible you’ll have to get a Benin SIM card. I’ll recommend both MTN and Airtel. When you get that, you possibly can load it up and activate web connections, this can prevent a whole lot of stress.
- Get a Common Adapter: they use a special sort of socket completely different from those we’ve right here. It’s essential to get a common adapter that may help you plug in your machine. This is essential, it could be tough getting one when you step out of the border.
- Get an English-talking driver: Search for an English-talking driver to take you to your vacation spot. It will aid you with the language barrier. If you’ll take one other bus after attending to your vacation spot, you may additionally inform the driving force that will help you out.
- Study fundamental Vocabulary: It is best to study fundamental vocabulary like bonjour(good morning), Bonsoir (good night), and Anglais (English). And many others
Issues to Do at the Benin Republic
- Benefit from the Road Meals: The very first thing you’ll discover once you go to Benin is the presence of avenue meals distributors in all places. Road meals are widespread right here. Get adventurous and have a style of the road meals.
- Go to the Python Temple: The temple of the pythons has grown to be one of many main vacationer sights in the Benin Republic.
- The Slave Route: That is the journey to the unique slave route in Benin. You additionally get to see the door of no return. It’s the place slaves are shipped to Europe and different unknown locations, by no means to return once more.
- Go to the Nationwide Park: the Benin Republic has a wealthy nature and wildlife expertise. A go-to to the Nationwide parks will blow your thoughts.
- Attend a Competition: The nation has a wealthy cultural heritage, you need to attend one of its cultural festivals.
- Go to the Seaside: the Benin Republic is a coastal nation with completely different seashores. Benefit from the blue skies, the pristine seaside sand, and the beauties of its lovely seashores.
The Price of Visiting Benin Republic
Transport to Badagry Between 1,000 to 2,000 (will depend on the place you keep in Lagos)
From Badagry to Seme 500 to 1,500 (Is dependent upon whether or not you utilize a bus, automobile, or bike)
Crossing on the Border (between 1,000 and a pair of,500) will depend on your negotiation energy and if you’re utilizing a virgin passport or an already stamped one
From Seme to Cotonou (1500 to 2,500)
Complete – Between 4,500 and seven,000
Resorts In Benin Republic
Resorts are reasonably priced in the Benin Republic, the price of an ordinary resort in Benin varies from 6,000 Naira per evening to fifteen,000. Although there are dearer ones between 20,000 to 150,000 per evening.
Resorts in the Benin Republic
- Le Jardin Secret
- Diaspora Auberge
- Resort Dk
- Auberge de Grand Popo
- Resort La Casa Cielo
- Resort de la Diaspora
Vacationer Points of interest in the Benin Republic
- There are such a lot of vacationer sights in the Benin Republic
- Zinsou Basis Museum
- Pythons Temple
- Slave Highway
- Bab’s Dock
- Grand Popo
- Fidjirosse Seaside
- The Cotonou Littoral Monument
Variations Between Nigeria and Benin republic
Roads: Benin republic has much better roads than Nigeria can ever think about. All the key freeways are tarred. All throughout my keep, I didn’t encounter a single pothole in the locations I visited. This isn’t an exaggeration, all the key highways are tarred.
Facilities: They’ve fundamental facilities like good roads, avenue mild, water and so on.
Improvement: By way of improvement, Nigeria is way extra developed than the Republic of Benin. It’s uncommon to see a brand new main building across the metropolis.
Information: Web Information is fairly costly right here within the Republic of Benin in comparison with Nigeria.
Highway indicators: There are street indicators on each avenue and each freeway.
Driving: Driving right here is simply too sane that I used to be virtually freaking out. LOL.
Automobiles: There are extra unique vehicles in Nigeria than within the Republic of Benin. I hardly see the most recent vehicles round.
Transportation: Many of the resident’s personal bikes, bikes are one of many widespread techniques of transportation in this nation. Additionally, it is quite common to see girls driving bikes.